Task 3- Final Week

Task 3- Final Week

Last week was the final week to work on our assignment before the draft was due.
Lydia and I made a lot of progress when it came to adding information onto our teacher and student resources pages and home page.
We have had a lot of problems with group work. While Lydia and I have been proactive in our approach to this task, I have found that Grace has been unwilling to put in time and effort to contribute. There has been many attempts to contact her but the emails have gone unanswered. The deadlines that we have set as a group have not been met by Grace and I am slightly disappointed at how much effort she has put in compared to us. She did end up completing week 4 and 5 of the lesson plan which was very helpful!
I have learnt that we need to begin making a big dent in group assignments when we are first given them to allow for problems that may arise and that may take a little while to solve. I have also learnt that on the first day of making our group, we needed to exchange all contact details including phone numbers and email addresses as sometimes email addresses are not enough to get in contact with someone. We also needed to divide the task up more evenly amongst the members, though it was hard as Grace was not available at the times we were meeting up.

Lydia and I have worked on the presentation that we must embed on our site. Lydia went home and made a start on the powerpoint slides and then sent it to me. I then wrote notes and changed a few things on the slides, saved it and sent it back to her with my changes that had been made. This worked out very well and I felt that it was a good way of working through this section of the task. I have emailed Grace with the details of what will be included in the presentation including information about how she only completed weeks 4 and 5 of the lesson plan.
Lydia and I decided that using Powerpoint and then making a Jing screencast would be the best way to present our video. Lydia narrated the screencast and has supplied a link on our wikispace. She did message to say that she had trouble embedding the file on our page but I found a link that will hopefully help! http://classroomk12.wikispaces.com/Embed+Jing+Video (This is the link that I sent Lydia).

I have completed my two peer reviews of two other groups’ wiki spaces. For one of the reviews I found that the groups idea was well chosen and thought about, but their wiki page was a little disorganised and all over the place. I am sure that they will sort all of it out by the due date on Friday. I found that I had a lot of things that I could write about and there were many points at which I could give constructive criticism.
The second group’s wiki was wonderful! It was very informative and relevant. I enjoyed looking through each of their pages and looking at their ideas and thought processes. It was very professional and helpful for teachers!

The next step in completing this assignment, is for each member of my group to submit their own cover page and marking rubric. Keeping in mind that all members of the group will receive the same mark.

I have included a screenshot of our wiki’s homepage. It is not the complete homepage, but it will give you an idea of what our wikispace looks like.

I hope you have enjoyed travelling with me on this journey through teaching and learning with technology. It has been very interesting and challenging for me but I have enjoyed this EDN113 unit very much.

Task 3- Progress

In Tuesday’s lecture Jenni went into detail about different ways that we could present our video describing our teacher resource and how we worked together as a group. At this point, I personally think that Authorstream would be a good presentation tool. Though when speaking about this with Lydia (one of my group members), using a screencasting technology such as Jing might be a good idea as well. We are not at the stage where we will be making our 5 minute presentation but it is something that we need to think about.

During the past couple of weeks we have had some trouble getting together as a group to work on our assignment. In this weeks workshop on Wednesday morning we made some progress. We have created our groups wiki using Wiki Spaces and have made some great progress. I have completed the key notes on how our task is authentic as well as expanding on information about various extension activities.

Lydia has been working very hard on the Home Page and finding lots of different resources to help students. Grace has been asked to complete the lesson plan and have it up on the wiki site by tomorrow so hopefully that will be ready to go.

The draft for this task is to be completed by Monday the 13th of May. I believe that we will have the majority of the assignment complete leaving the rest of the week for minor fix-ups so it can be submitted finally on Friday the 17th of May. I have enjoyed working on this assignment. It has been an interesting process thinking about what teachers could do to help make children’s learning as authentic as possible. I hope to learn from other groups’ wiki pages and maybe even apply them to my classroom when I am a qualified teacher

Feel free to visit Our Wiki page to see our ideas and what we have completed so far. There is still a long way to go but we are making progress!